10. Pasta Carbonara leftover from dinner tastes even better when accompanied by chocolate milk and exhaustion.
9. Zote soap is remarkably moisturizing, which makes it even more enjoyable to be awake scrubbing Art’s collars.
8. Any excuse to use washing soda and borax in excess is good by me.
7. Piper is awake with me, which normally would make me crazy this late at night, but I’m rather enjoying her commentary on laundry.
6. Before going to bed, Gavin completely made my night by saying (while watching me take the soap bar to the collars), “Mom, boy, washing laundry like that in your day must have been a lot of hard work. Good thing you dont have to do all the clothes like that anymore.” I dont dare correct him. Its too easy to use that to make him do laundry later on. “At least its not as hard as it was in my day….”
5. The hubs will be home around midnight after working his second shift, and I’ll be wide awake instead of a useless heap taking up both sides of the bed.
4. I have starching to look forward to. My favorite chore. I’m not being sarcastic, ladies.
3. The sound of the dryer spinning in relative silence. Its incredibly soothing to me for some reason. Maybe its because I can actually hear it, which is not possible when all 3 kids are awake, LOL!
2. The smell of my homemade laundry soap.
And the number one reason its great to be up at 11:30pm doing laundry is:
Hearing Piper say, “Mama, that soap is going to work SO well on Daddy’s collars, and you know why? Its the catheters inside. They just go to work on that dirt, and clean it all up. The catheters in that soap is just amazing.”
I cant even begin to figure out where on earth that came from, but I dont dare try. Its far too entertaining to even bother. One of those things just best left alone and enjoyed entirely.
Happy Catheter Using, ladies.